Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The First Meet


On that lonely evening while I was immersed in my work, fading rays of evening sun fired up through the window I had opened just a few minutes ago.

<6:34 PM>

beep_beep. My mobile light up.

I hastily hit enter for the code to run and took out my mobile reluctantly not even guessing who it might be.

‘Hey, I’d be in Gurunath in five min, we can meet there if you like’

Maybe I’m hallucinating things because of too much of coding and stuff. Spending too much time with terminal and being a newbie to working without a graphical interface was beating the heck out of me. I rub my eyes and check the mobile again.

It is her and she messaged me.

I came to know what it feels to be in levitation cause I was directly experiencing it, literally.
SHE MESSAGED ME!!! A mini festival starts happening in my mind, festoons everywhere. I don't know about violins, but there definitely seems to be a background score now.

wow!

Still the message itself didn't register in my mind since It took a while before I came back to the world and tried to make sense of the text.

The words slowly sink into my mind. SHE WANTS TO MEET. Wow! Wow! Wow!

In next five min? Oh god why??

Earlier that evening these are the exact words spoken to my prof by me, “In any case the system would be ready and running by tonight Sir, I’m on the last stage of testing.” While the truth had been I was still struggling with some wicked code, which decided to continually bother me with errors.

Okay, I don’t even care that; Dude! She messaged me and wanna meet me.

But still I don’t want to meet her in next five min and there are a good number of reasons why.

I've met her several times (okay, three times may be) in a group but never had a one to one session. Although I've chatted with her I’m not ready to face her directly because I couldn't afford to mess things up, not with her.

Yes, you guessed it right, I've a huge crush on her (crush is actually too small a word for my feelings for her) and am trying to build a long term (lifetime) relationship with her, while this is my case she barely takes note of me.

I want to create a good impression on her since the first impression is the best impression (since anyway I don't think she remembers the first time we met).

And, to be frank, I've not taken my bath today and I’m in sort of clothes which would either help her classify me a jerk or tag me a weirdo.

<6:36 PM>

The Clock already ticked two minutes.

But if I miss the chance now I may not get another chance in the near future, given that I particularly become kind of dumb even when chatting with her (Mind it otherwise I’m a chatterbox).

I didn't have too many options I quickly dash to rest room splash some water on my face and fish out my pocket-comb and try to make myself look agreeable if not the best for the occasion.

I run downstairs elbowing my way through the crowd only to realize after going down that I had left my cycle keys beside my laptop.

Damn!

I look up at the elevator which never comes handy to me, and as usually it is in some random floor, again proving my point. I run and fetch my keys and cycle like I've never been (maybe If that were Olympics I might have ended up getting some medal).

I quickly go to the general store nearby and buy a Diary Milk Silk for her and come panting to the scheduled spot just in time.

Uffffff.....

<6:39 PM>




3 comments:

  1. I have been surfing οn-linе more than 3 hours latelу, but I by no means discoνered аny interesting аrtіcle like уours.
    It's lovely price enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net will probably be much more useful than ever before.

    Here is my web blog: Go At this site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude, like love, lives and grows in our hearts. Thank you for your kind words!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I could hаvе sworn I've visited this web site before but after browsing through some of the posts I realized it's new
    to me. Νonetheless, I'm certainly delighted I discovered it and I'll be boοκ-mаrking it and checking baсk often!


    Also vіsit mу wеblog: steel coal chute door for houses

    ReplyDelete

Wow! You are awesome.
I'd love to hear from you. Do comment and let me know your views.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...